The Swem Library Research Department has openings for a Public Service Assistants for the 2017-18 school year. The students in this position will work is up to 20 hours per week. Training will be provided and is required for this advanced student assistant position. While some flexibility in scheduling is available, applicants should be prepared to commit to regularly scheduled shifts. Assistants will spend a majority of their shift at the Research Desk. We will work around your other commitments. Applicants should be able to work at least one evening shift (5-9pm) a week.
Shifts will be during these hours:
- Mondays-Thursdays: 9 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Fridays: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Sundays: 1 p.m.–9 p.m.
- Often serves as first point of contact for thousands of patrons a year who come into the library
- Frequently works at a high pace while multi-tasking; interprets myriad library policies and procedures for patrons
- Assists students in finding library resources using the library catalog and various databases
- Answers questions in person, by phone, email, and instant message