We offer a broad range of equipment for you to check out from both the circulation and media desks. Anyone with a Swem library card may check out equipment from the circulation desk, but only W&M students, faculty, and staff may borrow equipment from the media desk.
By checking out equipment, you agree to
- assume full responsibility for the equipment while it's checked out to you
- use the equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- return the equipment in a timely fashion
- reimburse Swem Library for any damage or loss of equipment or accessories that occurs while it is checked out to you
- not leave the equipment unattended
- not allow anyone else to use the equipment
- Headphones must be turned in before you leave Swem.
- There are no fines for overdue headphones, but abuse of headphone privileges may lead to loss of library privileges.
- You may check out a laptop for up to 4 hours.
- Laptops may neither leave Swem nor be taken into the Mews Café.
- Laptops must be returned to the circulation desk at least one (1) hour before it closes.
Multimedia Production Equipment
- You will have to sign a loan agreement.
- You may have to complete a brief orientation class.
- Equipment may be checked out for 1, 2, or 3 days.
- Priority is given to uses of equipment for course purposes.
- Equipment may be checked out from 3 p.m. until 30 minutes before the Media desk closes.
- Equipment must be returned by 2:30 p.m. on the day it is due. Overdue equipment is subject to a $5 per hour fee and a maximum of $20 per day.
- You can only borrow one of the same item, but you can check out multiple different items (e.g. camera, boom, and light kit).
- Charges will be based on replacement cost up to a maximum of $2500.