Do you enjoy creative, artistic projects? W&M Libraries is seeking a student graphic designer to assist the libraries' marketing and communications efforts.
The student graphic designer provides support to the libraries' External Relations office, located within Swem Library, which manages communications, media relations, marketing and events. The office communicates to and works with a wide variety of audiences including donors, alumni, faculty, students and external constituents. The office is open Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., with occasional events occurring on nights and/or weekends.
The student in this position will design a variety of marketing materials for the library, including brochures, event invitations, posters, flyers and other publications. The student will also manage Swem Library's digital signage system, including producing, uploading and updating signs, and assist with social media efforts. We are looking for someone who can think critically, work collaboratively, be creative and contribute ideas.
For more information, contact Sabrina Hoyos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Produce graphic designs for invitations, posters, brochures, flyers, ads, newsletters and other publications.
- Assist with social media and marketing efforts
- Manage the library's digital signage system, to include producing, publishing and updating signs
- Adhere to William & Mary branding and style guides
- Ensure all design requests are well developed and completed by deadline
- Other office duties as required
- Student currently enrolled full-time at William & Mary
- Must have understanding of design concepts and skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and familiar with Mac platform
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team