Click & Collect: Contact-free Pick Up
Community members with a W&M Libraries account can now request items online for pick up. If you don't have an account, find out if you're eligible and apply online.
Learn more about how to request and pick up materials.
Checking out materials
As part of a partnership between William & Mary Libraries and Williamsburg Regional Library (WRL), individuals who live in Williamsburg, James City County or York County can receive borrowing privileges at W&M Libraries at no cost. Likewise, W&M students, faculty and staff can receive library privileges at WRL with their W&M ID, including those who do not live in Williamsburg, James City County or York County.
Members of certain organizations receive visitor borrowing privileges as well, including W&M alumni and university volunteers. To find out if you are eligible, see our Eligibility Policy.
Visitor Borrowing Privileges:
- borrow books, dvds and government documents
- check out up to 20 items for 30 days at a time, with one renewal available per item
- borrow materials from Swem Library, Music Library, Chemistry Library and Physics Library
- do not allow you to check out media equipment (iPads, laptops, recording equipment, etc.)
- do not allow you to borrow materials from the Law Library, VIMS Library, Education Library, or Business Library
- do not allow you to borrow materials from our Interlibrary Loan Department. Your public library is where you would place these requests.
- do not provide off-site access to library databases
Visitor borrowing privileges are issued for one year. However, privileges can be renewed.
Visitors are responsible for:
- returning all materials by the due date
- reading and responding to all library notices
- notifying us if materials are lost or stolen
- paying all fines and fees for overdue or unreturned items
- notifying us of any changes in your contact information