W&M Libraries provides contact-free pickup of books and DVDs from Swem Library, the Music Library, and Chemistry and Physics libraries for our community patrons. If you already have a community membership, you can start requesting items now. If you do not have a membership, find out if you're eligible and apply online for a membership.
How do I request library materials for pick up?
- On the libraries.wm.edu homepage, click on “My Account” located under the catalog search box.
- Click on “Community Users”
- Login to your library account with your username and password
- User name: first initial, last initial, last 6 digits of your driver’s license number (Ex: Es123456)
- Password: exactly the same as username
- Search the catalog
- Click on item title
- Under “Find or Request,” click “Request.”
- For pick up location choose Swem Library
- Click on Request
- You should see “Request placed. Place in queue is 0” if you are the first person to request item. You will see “Request placed. Place in queue is 1” if the item is checked out and you are the next person in line.
- If you have questions about requesting materials, please call the Circulation Desk at 221-3072. You can also e-mail us at email@example.com.
How do I pick up the items I request?
- Library staff will notify you via email when your materials are ready for pick up
- Pick up hours are Wednesday between 9:00am and 11:00am
- Drive to the back of Swem on Landrum Drive and pull in next to the green dumpster where you will see a sign that says Click & Collect Pick Up
- Call the front desk at (757) 221-3072 and say that you are here to pick up your Click & Collect items
- A library staff member will confirm that you have materials to pick up and bring your requested materials out to your car.
Contact the circulation desk or call 757-221-3072