W&M Libraries provides contact-free pickup of library materials, such as books and media equipment for current W&M students, faculty and staff.
Who can use this service?
- Current W&M students, faculty and staff - continue reading this page for more information
- Community members - Click & Collect is slightly different for our community patrons. Please visit our Click & Collect for community members page for complete information
What can I request for pick up?
W&M students, faculty and staff may request materials held at all W&M libraries and the Colonial Williamsburg Rockefeller Library for pick up at Swem Library. When requesting materials, students can also pick up materials at another W&M library if they choose one of the options other than Swem: McLeod Business Library, Music Library, William J. Hargis Library at VIMS, Learning Resource Center at the School of Education or the Wolf Law Library.
You may also send someone else to pick up your items. Simply email email@example.com authorizing the person to pick up, and we will add a note to your materials.
Where do I pick up my materials?
You can collect items at Swem Library on the self-service hold shelf near the Circulation desk/DVD section. Equipment may be picked up at the Media Center.
Please follow health and safety guidelines when collecting library materials:
- Wear a mask. Face coverings can be reusable or homemade cloth masks, dust masks, or surgical masks.
- Maintain social distance of 6 feet.
How do I request library materials for pick up?
Request library materials for pick up through your library account at libraries.wm.edu.
- On the libraries.wm.edu homepage, click on “My Account” located under the catalog search box.
- Click on “W&M Users”
- Login to your library account with your W&M credentials
- Search the catalog
- Click on item title
- Under “Find or Request,” click “Request.”
Library staff will notify you via email when your materials are ready for pick up. We will hold your items for 7 days after notification.
Requesting media equipment
For media equipment, visit libcal.swem.wm.edu and request an item(s):
- Click on "Reeder Media Center" in the "Equipment Booking" box.
- Select equipment by clicking on the item's image.
- Select the available time that you would like to pick up the item in the booking calendar. Available time slots are green in color.
- Click "Add to Cart" to continue browsing equipment or "Add to Cart and Check-out" if you are ready to complete your booking.
- Log-in to your account using your W&M credentials.
- Click on the blue "Continue" button after reading the loan agreement.
- Fill in the booking form.
- Click "Submit" and you will receive a confirmation email message with the details of your booking, as well as a link to cancel your booking if you change your mind.
If you have a need for equipment not listed in the catalog, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loan periods for equipment for this contact-free pick up period are 7 days.
Users can pick up media equipment in the Reeder Media Center Monday-Friday, 10AM-2PM, at the Media Center. User must indicate pick up time in the equipment booking form.