As we all adjust to the new realities imposed by the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, William & Mary Libraries invite all members of the William & Mary and greater Williamsburg community to add their voices to the Special Collections. We welcome submissions of all forms of personal reflections to add to the physical and digital archives in the Special Collections Research Center in Swem Library.
Your experience is just that – yours – and how you record it is up to you! Feel free to capture your memories in whatever way you choose, and share and reflect on any part of your experience. Ideas include but are not limited to:
- Other accounts of day-to-day life
Your memories matter, and your experiences are an important part of our shared history. As part of the records preserved in the Special Collections, your materials will be an accessible part of the historic record and contribute to research for years to come.
How to submit materials:
You must be 18 years of age or older to submit content. If you are under 18, please ask a parent or guardian to submit content on your behalf. Thank you!
- Fill out our online form and upload your digital files to the form.
- Be sure to read the Submission Agreement at the end of the form! This agreement allows us to use your content, while you retain copyright to your materials.
Submit by Mail
- Fill out and print our Deed of Gift form (pdf). This gives us permission to use your materials online and add them to our collections, while you retain your copyright to the material.
- Mail your materials and the Deed of Gift form to the following address:
Special Collections Research Center
William & Mary Libraries
P.O. Box 8794
Williamsburg, VA 23187-8794
Don’t forget to be aware of social distancing best practices while self-documenting and communicate remotely if possible! Please stay at least 6 feet away from anyone you are interviewing (or interview online), wash your hands frequently with soap and water, cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the inside of your elbow, and do not proceed if you feel sick (as recommended by the CDC).
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Email us at: email@example.com