W&M Libraries and the W&M Washington Center have partnered with the Library of Congress to offer a day trip to Washington, DC exclusively for W&M faculty.
- First time visiting the Library of Congress? Tour the Library and get your Library Reader Card.
- Visit the Library's Rare Books Division for an exclusive open house.
- Want to target your research? Sit one-on-one with a Library of Congress reference librarian or archivist in your area.
- Spend time with W&M librarians. We want to hear about your research and share what materials our libraries have that may be of interest to you.
- Access the Library of Congress collections. Spend the afternoon conducting research, if you choose.
- In the afternoon, join us for a special behind-the-scenes tour of the Smithsonian's entertainment collection by Ryan Lintelman '09, curator of the National Museum of American History's Entertainment Collection.
- Find out what W&M has for you in DC. Learn more about the W&M Washington Office and how we can support you.
Interested? The total cost of the trip – including dinner and transportation – is $25. (Lunch is on your own.)
Space is limited, so register by Monday, February 18 to reserve your spot.
Prior to the trip, we will have a meeting about requesting materials at the Library of Congress and scheduling appointments.
Questions? Contact Tami Back, director of communications and strategic planning for W&M Libraries at 757-221-3127 or email@example.com.
6:45 AM – ASSEMBLE IN REAR PARKING LOT OF SWEM LIBRARY
7:00 AM – DEPARTURE FROM WILLIAMSBURG
10:00 AM – ARRIVAL IN DC; AT LIBRARY OF CONGRESS
10:30 AM – LIBRARY OF CONGRESS ACTIVITIES
- Tour of Library with Guide
- Rare Books Open House, 10:30AM-12:00PM, Rosenwald Room
12:00 PM – READER CARD REGISTRATION
If you have not already done so, please complete Reader Card pre-registration at https://wwws.loc.gov/readerreg/remote/
Remember to bring a valid photo ID!
12:30 PM – LUNCH ON YOUR OWN
- Library Cafeteria suggested, Madison Building
1:45 PM – LIBRARIAN MEETINGS / RESEARCH TIME / FREE TIME
3:00 PM – DEPART LIBRARY FOR AFTERNOON OPTIONAL ACTIVITY
- Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Smithsonian National Museum of American History's entertainment collection
5:00 PM – DEPARTURE FROM NATIONAL MUSEUM OF AMERICAN HISTORY TO DINNER RECEPTION
5:30-7:30 PM – DINNER RECEPTION – W&M WASHINGTON CENTER
7:30 PM – DEPARTURE FROM WASHINGTON
10:00 PM – ARRIVAL IN WILLIAMSBURG