Special Collections is home to rare books, manuscripts, and university archives. Student assistants staff the Special Collections reception desk, retrieve materials for researchers, perform collection related duties such as description and re-housing, and other projects as assigned. During the summer, Special Collections is open Monday-Friday 10am-4pm.
- Staffs the Special Collections reception and reading room desks, greets and registers patrons, and answers the department telephone
- Assists with retrieving and returning materials requested by patrons
- Performs other duties as assigned, which may include data entry, document scanning, collection processing, and exhibit preparation assistance
- Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated experience working with the public
- Strong attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications