Are you interested in helping promote our campus libraries? Do you have skills in social media, writing, and/or photography? We are looking for a student assistant to assist with communications and events.
The External Relations Office manages media relations, communications, marketing, and outreach for William & Mary Libraries. The student in this position will help manage W&M Libraries' social media presence, creating content for and posting on various platforms; provide event assistance; provide photography assistance; and perform other office duties.
The External Relations Office works with donors, alumni, faculty, students, and external constituents. The office is open Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 5 p.m., with occasional events held in the evenings and on the weekends.
- Assit with management of W&M Libraries' social media accounts (generate ideas, create and post content))
- Monitor social networking sites and local media
- Event assistance before and during events (invitation mailings, event set-up, greeting, registration, etc.)
- Photography assistance
- Other office duties as required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Photography skills a plus
- Ability to work independently and in a team