Are you interested in helping promote our campus libraries? Are you a social media expert? We are looking for a student assistant to assist with W&M Libraries' social media.
The External Relations Office manages media relations, communications, marketing, and outreach for William & Mary Libraries. The student in this position will help manage W&M Libraries' social media presence, creating content for and posting on various platforms. The assistant will have the opportunity to plan creative social media campaigns, manage library social media accounts, and engage W&M students, faculty, staff, and alumni through our channels.
The libraries' have accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, but are interested in expanding our reach on social media. We are looking for a creative individual who will help spark new ideas and find innovative ways to engage our audiences.
The External Relations Office works with donors, alumni, faculty, students, and external constituents. The office is open Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Generate creative ideas for W&M Libraries' social media accounts
- Create and post content for social media including design, video, images, etc.
- Monitor social networking sites
- Photography/videography/design assistance
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms to include, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Photography and/or videography skills a plus
- Graphic design skills a plus