W&M's Information Technology provides a convenient wireless network for "anywhere" access. There are actually three networks to which you may connect:
The traditional network, supported by all wireless computers and available to guests
Connect to a secure wireless network, even while traveling! Eduroam (education roaming) offers secure wireless service, not only at W&M, but also while visiting any other eduroam institution.
Guest wireless network access
All visitors and guests to the College of William & Mary campus will have 24 hours of free access on the unencrypted wireless network once per week. Guests may also access the W&M encrypted wireless network and request to extend access beyond the 24 hours guest period by having a W&M sponsor. Anyone with a wm.edu e-mail address may sponsor guest access. Conference attendees may ask that the conference organizer sponsor access, using the same process as a regular campus visitor.
How to Connect
- Open up a web browser, and you will be automatically directed to the network authentication page (connect.wm.edu).
- Click "I'm a guest/conference attendee" and put in your name and email address.
- Then pick between the standard 24 hours of guest access or additional access with a W&M sponsor.
- For additional access, you will enter the email address of the W&M sponsor. This must be an email address ending in "wm.edu" (@wm.edu, @email.wm.edu, @mason.wm.edu, @physics.wm.edu are all acceptable).
- Click "Submit" at the bottom of the page.