W&M's Information Technology provides a convenient wireless network for "anywhere" access. There are actually three networks to which you may connect:
The traditional network, supported by all wireless computers and available to guests
This network uses the latest encryption standards to protect your online activity. It requires a recent operation system, and may require you to modify you laptop settings in order to connect. Faculty and staff must use the encrypted network, and students are strongly encouraged to connect to it.
Connect to a secure wireless network, even while traveling! Eduroam (education roaming) offers secure wireless service, not only at W&M, but also while visiting any other eduroam institution.
Guest wireless network access
All visitors and guests to the College of William & Mary campus will have 24 hours of free access on the unencrypted wireless network once per week. Guests may also access the W&M encrypted wireless network and request to extend access beyond the 24 hours guest period by having a W&M sponsor. Anyone with a wm.edu e-mail address may sponsor guest access. Conference attendees may ask that the conference organizer sponsor access, using the same process as a regular campus visitor.
How to Connect
- Open up a web browser, and you will be automatically directed to the network authentication page (connect.wm.edu).
- Click "I'm a guest/conference attendee" and put in your name and email address.
- Then pick between the standard 24 hours of guest access or additional access with a W&M sponsor.
- For additional access, you will enter the email address of the W&M sponsor. This must be an email address ending in "wm.edu" (@wm.edu, @email.wm.edu, @mason.wm.edu, @physics.wm.edu are all acceptable).
- Click "Submit" at the bottom of the page.