To provide a comfortable, inviting study atmosphere for all library users, Swem Library has instituted the following policy regarding the consumption of food and drink by library users:
- The consumption of food and beverages is allowed throughout the library except where prohibited by this policy; beverages are allowed in spill proof containers only.
- Food and drink are prohibited in Special Collections.
- Eating and drinking are discouraged at computer and media equipment work stations. Anyone responsible for damaging computer and/or media equipment is liable for the full repairs or replacement cost of the equipment.
- Library users who consume food and beverages in the libraries are expected to clean up their own trash. Trash cans and recycling bins are provided throughout the library for waste disposal.
- The delivery of food to the library by outside vendors is prohibited, except for catered special events.
- Spills on floor/carpet, furniture and library materials should be reported immediately to library staff so that the spill may be cleaned up.