It is our goal to recreate the original library of the College of William & Mary. This library, a collection of 150 religious and secular titles given to the College by the colonial governor Francis Nicholson, was destroyed by fire in 1705. Only one volume survived.
In the 1960s we began to reconstruct the library with funds provided by the National Society, Colonial Daughters of the Seventeenth Century. Working from an inventory found in England, we have acquired over 100 titles so far toward replicating the College’s original library.