Registration and Login
The Special Collections Research Center uses Aeon for user registration and requests.
Preparing For Your Visit
- Use our search tools for searching our manuscripts, archives, rare books and periodicals, the W&M Digital Archive, and other digital collections.
- Appointments are not required when you wish to visit Special Collections, but they are encouraged. If you let us know your area of interest before you visit, we might be able to offer advice. For collections stored offsite, we require advance notice in order to make them available.
- We encourage you to bring your laptop and digital camera!
- The Society of American Archivists has created "Using Archives: A Guide to Effective Research" that outlines the functions and procedures of archives and is designed both for first-time archives users and scholars who have already conducted research in archives.
During Your Visit
- General Use Policy (includes registration and rules of use forms)
- Copy and Permissions Fees
- Copy Policy
- Library Conduct Policy
- Need a break? Cafe and vending machines are available in Swem or you may enjoy visiting our exhibits.
Contact our Special Collections service desk.