Course reserves are library materials selected by faculty to support their classes. Reserves include physical and electronic books, physical DVDs, audio and video clips, journal articles, and other online resources.
Physical items are available at the circulation desk. We can place electronic reserves like scanned articles and video clips into Blackboard.
You can request materials for reserve at any time with our online form. To guarantee your materials are ready at the start of the semester, please submit your requests early! Generally speaking, materials in the stacks can be processed within 2 business days. New purchases, missing items, and items that are currently checked out may take longer for us to process.
- Physical materials on reserve are available at the circulation desk.
- Electronic (online) reserves may be found either in the library catalog or Blackboard.
Please review our policies for more information.
Checking Out Reserves
Because reserve materials are needed by students and instructors throughout the semester, these items have a short checkout period.
- The checkout period is three hours for books and four hours for DVDs.
- Electronic reserves may be used at your leisure with your Blackboard login.
- Faculty may check out their own course reserve materials for longer.
Overdue and Lost Reserves
- Overdue fees for reserves are $1 per hour with a cap of $20.
- A reserve is lost if it is overdue for more than seven days. You'll be responsible for the overdue fees plus a replacement charge.
- Learn more about paying fines and fees.
We can only digitize 10% of a video due to copyright restrictions. If you need to show a full video online, let us know and we can try to find a streaming version. For more information, please review our copyright policy.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.