Faculty, we now offer a video clip digitization service to support your teaching and research.
Why use this service?
It will save you time. Combining related video clips onto one DVD makes in-class screening seamless and convenient. We can also upload clips directly into your Blackboard site. If Swem owns the video, we can process your request in about a week. If we don't own it, we can order it for you.
Note: This service is intended for short scenes only, not entire works. Video clips are provided for internal teaching, research, and educational uses only, not for external distribution.
How it works
- the version of the video from which you want the clips. If we don't own a copy of the version you want, we will need to purchase it for the library or borrrow your personal copy.
- the start and end times for each clip requested.
- a brief description of the content, especially at the start and end points.
Your request will typically be processed in about a week, longer if we need to purchase the video.
We can provide video clips in these formats:
- A chaptered video DVD (for viewing with a DVD player)
- Quicktime files (medium resolution) on a data DVD
- Quicktime files (medium resolution) uploaded into Blackboard
If you requested a video or data DVD, we'll email you when it's ready for pickup. We'll save copies of your clips for 30 days.
Use of video clips:
Individual faculty members assume full responsibility for complying with copyright law. Clips are provided by Swem solely for educational use in teaching, learning, and research at W&M. Distribution of clips of copyrighted content outside of the educational environment may be a serious copyright infringement.
Contact Troy Davis.