Special Collections is closed until June while William & Mary is under modified academic operations in response to COVID-19. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions as staff will be working remotely. Thank you.
The Special Collections Research Center is...
A center for research
A learning lab
- Our original manuscripts, rare books and periodicals and other materials are valuable teaching resources.
- Learn more about how we support faculty research and instruction.
A place to connect with William & Mary's past
- The University Archives collects materials documenting the history of the university from the 1600s to the present.
A major historical repository
- Focused on Virginia history, our collections include diaries, letters, and other records of the daily lives of Americans of all backgrounds.
- View our search tool list.
- See our research guides and just-for-fun YouTube videos.
- We showcase many of our collections through an active exhibits program.