Who are we?
Swem Library is located at 400 Landrum Drive, Williamsburg, VA 23186. Get directions & parking.
Other campus libraries
- Hargis Library at Virginia Institute of Marine Science
- Learning Resource Center at the School of Education
- McLeod Business Library at the Mason School of Business
- Wolf Law Library at William & Mary Law School
Self Service Libraries
- Chemistry Reading Room in Integrated Science Center
- Physics Library in Small Hall, Room 150
The Mission of William & Mary Libraries
We support and enhance teaching and research, and foster intellectual curiosity, creativity and lifelong learning.
- Belonging. We embrace equity, diversity and inclusion. We strive to create a culture where all individuals feel welcomed, included, and represented.
- Curiosity. We are committed to learning. The libraries are places to discover, play, create, connect, and build community.
- Equitable Access. Access to information is a human right. We advocate to remove barriers to information and create new pathways to discovery.
- Flourishing. People are our greatest strength. We invest in the personal and professional growth of our staff and promote a work environment built on trust and collegiality.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
We are committed to fostering an environment where diversity, inclusion and equity are viewed as fundamental to our mission and integral to our service model on campus and in the broader community. We believe an environment that is open and welcoming to all patrons is crucial to fulfilling the research, teaching and service mission of the University. We strive to create a climate of belonging, which we believe promotes self-agency, participation, collaboration and innovation.
Learn more in our work to address equity, diversity and inclusion.