The Brown Board Room, located on the third floor of the library at the front of the building with a large Wren-style window, is for the use of William & Mary faculty, administration, and staff. It is not available for booking by students.
The Board Room's occupancy capacity is 18. This capacity is strictly enforced.
- Any event held in the Brown Board Room must have a College sponsor (College department, student organization, College-related foundation). A representative of the sponsor must be identified and must be present in Swem Library during the entire event to serve as liaison with the Swem building staff.
- All events must be held during the library's hours of operation and must end at least 30 minutes before the library closes.
- The third floor, where the room is located, is a quiet study area. All events must be contained within the Brown Board Room.
- The Brown Board Room must be cleaned and returned to its original arrangement immediately following the event.
- All food service in the Brown Board Room is the responsibility of the requester and must be communicated to Library Administration. Late afternoon/evening catering set-ups must be removed by 8:30 a.m. the following day (10:30 a.m. on weekends).
- The sponsoring organization will be responsible for the condition of the room during the time assigned. This includes cleaning up and leaving the room in the condition in which it was found.
Reserving the Brown Board Room
Please use Libcal to reserve this space.
For additional information please contact the External Relations office.