The Ford and Cox Classrooms are two of W&M's premier teaching and learning spaces. They were designed as incubator classrooms with flexibility and experimentation in mind. They are part of the Reeder Media Center on the ground floor of Swem, and are available primarily to support the following:
- Library Instruction
- Library meetings and events
- Library staff training and development
- Faculty teaching and experimentation in collaboration with librarians
Equipment and Features
- The maximum seating capacity of the Ford Classroom is 50 persons and 20 persons for the Cox Classroom.
- The classrooms are equipped with Blu-ray player, Mac and Windows-based computers, and campus cable TV.
- The lecterns are wired to receive input from a laptop, MAC or PC or mobile device (with HDMI/VGA adapter).
- The classroom furniture should be restored to its original configuration at the end of the session.
- Media desk staff is available to provide general support for events in the room during Media desk operating hours.
Scheduling the Classroom
Library instruction takes priority in scheduling throughout the semester. Any other library-sponsored event, or course-based screenings may be scheduled during this time, but is subject to rescheduling up to 7 days in advance of the planned event to accommodate instructional sessions. Scheduling requests should be sent to library liaisons.
- Allow time for setting up the room and cleaning up ( for example, 30 minutes prior to and after the event).
- Reservation requests should be made at least 7 days in advance
- Reservation requests will be addressed within 48 hours of receipt