What can I keep in a locker?
- You may keep library materials in a locker only if they are checked out to you. No other library materials may be kept in a locker.
- Food may not be left in lockers overnight.
- Materials kept in any Swem locker are your responsibility. We take no responsibility for materials lost, stolen, or damaged while stored in lockers.
- Padlocks or personal locks of any type are not permitted on lockers. We will remove such locks.
- We reserve the right to inspect the contents of any locker at any time and will do so periodically.
- Violation of the rules stated in our locker policy may result in suspension of library and/or locker privileges.
- All lockers are checked out on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You may only check out one locker at a time.
- Anyone with a W&M ID or Swem library card may check out a short-term use locker.
- Long-term use lockers are reserved for W&M faculty, staff, and graduate students.
- If all long-term use lockers are checked out, Circulation can hold a spot in line for you.
- Priority is given to W&M faculty, staff, and students with accessibility needs. If no lockers are available, Circulation may recall a locker for patrons with accessibility needs.
We charge overdue fines for late returns and replacement fees for lost keys.