We offer a broad range of equipment for you to check out from both the circulation and Reeder Media desks. Anyone with a Swem library card may check out equipment from the circulation desk, but only W&M students, faculty, and staff may borrow equipment from the Reeder Media Center.
By checking out equipment, you agree to
- assume full responsibility for the equipment while it's checked out to you
- use the equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- return the equipment in a timely fashion
- reimburse W&M Libraries for any damage or loss of equipment or accessories that occurs while it is checked out to you
- not leave the equipment unattended
- not allow anyone else to use the equipment
- Headphones must be turned in before you leave Swem.
- There are no fines for overdue headphones, but abuse of headphone privileges may lead to loss of library privileges.
Reeder Media Center Equipment
Find specific information on the Media Center's equipment loan agreement on their website.
- A valid W&M ID is required to check out equipment and must be presented at time of checkout.
Priority is given to uses of equipment for course purposes.
Requests for more than two items of the same kind require approval from a media operations supervisor. (For example, 2 DSLRs, 2 microphones, etc)
Equipment is available on a first come, first served basis.
Equipment can be renewed one time if others are not waiting for the equipment.
Equipment must be picked up by patron who made the booking.
Equipment must be directly returned to the Reeder Media Center service desk.
You are responsible for the equipment at all times while it is checked out to you. Fines and fees apply for late, damaged, lost, or stolen equipment.