W&M Libraries provides access to several subscription databases containing datasets and statistical information. Some database vendors have specific usage agreements relating to how W&M faculty, staff and students may use, share and publish data provided. If you plan to engage in data/text mining or a specialized project, please notify us at email@example.com for assistance.
The following pages will take you to our various resources:
- Gallup World Poll Microdata
- Data, Statistics & Polls databases
- Find Data: International Statistics & Data Research Guide
Request a dataset
Need access to a dataset we do not currently subscribe to? You may submit your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide the following information:
- Name of dataset and URL
- Deadline information – when would you need access to the dataset ideally?
- Project description – dataset vendors usually ask us to describe to them what researchers will be doing with the product, please provide us with as much information as possible.
- Project outcome – what is the goal of your project, more specifically what will you be doing with the dataset?
- How many people will be accessing the dataset?
- Do you think this dataset would be of interest to the broader W&M community?
Please note that submitting a request does not guarantee subscription.