W&M Libraries provides our community patrons with pickup of books and DVDs from Swem Library, the Music Library, the Chemistry and Physics libraries, and Swem's offsite storage facility. If you already have a community membership, you can start requesting items now. If you do not have a membership, find out if you're eligible and apply online for a membership.
How do I request library materials for pick up?
- On the libraries.wm.edu homepage, click on “My Account” located under the catalog search box.
- Click on “Community Users”
- Login to your library account with your username and password
- User name: first initial, last initial, last 6 digits of your driver’s license number (Ex: Es123456)
- Password: exactly the same as username
- Search the catalog
- Click on item title
- Under “Find or Request,” click “Request.”
- For pick up location choose Swem Library
- Click on Request
- You should see “Request placed. Place in queue is 0” if you are the first person to request item. You will see “Request placed. Place in queue is 1” if the item is checked out and you are the next person in line.
- If you have questions about requesting materials, please call the Circulation Desk at 221-3072. You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I pick up the items I request?
- Library staff will notify you via email when your materials are ready for pick up
- Pick up items during our open hours inside Swem Library
- Materials will be checked-out and can be picked up from the Click and Collect shelves near the Circulation Desk
Contact the circulation desk or call 757-221-3072