William & Mary Libraries is pleased to offer a scholarship of up to $1,000 to a William & Mary student who is interested in attending an educational library-related program or seeking a library-related unpaid internship.
Scholarship recipients may use the funds to pay for items such as fees, housing, travel, etc.
Examples of programs that are eligible for scholarships are:
- Rare Book School
- Library of Congress internships (unpaid)
- Makerspace trainings, such as Lynchburg Mini Maker Faire or Maker Faire NoVa.
Requirements for Scholarship Consideration
- Currently enrolled student at William & Mary
- Student must be in good standing
- GPA at least 3.0.
- 500-800 word essay on the topic: “What is your dream about the future of libraries and how does this program help you pursue that dream?”
- Proof of application or acceptance into chosen program. Funds will be dispersed before start date.
- Presentation to library leadership board or library staff about experience upon completion of program.
- Recipient must also write a blog post about his/her experience for the libraries’ blog.
- Program must be completed before graduation.
How to Apply
- May 13, 2019: Application deadline
- TBD: Scholarship winner notified by email