William & Mary Libraries is pleased to offer scholarship opportunities of up to $1,000 to selected William & Mary students who are interested in attending an educational library-related program or seeking a library-related unpaid internship.
Scholarship recipients may only use the funds to pay for items such as registration fees, housing, travel, etc.
Examples of programs that are eligible for scholarships are:
- Digital Humanities Summer Institute (registration fees only)
- Rare Book School
- Library of Congress internships (unpaid)
- Makerspace trainings, such as Lynchburg Mini Maker Faire and International Symposium on Academic Makerspaces (ISAM) workshops
- Webinars and online courses from organizations such as Library Juice Academy and Lyrasis
- Travel grant to conduct research at another library or archive
Requirements for Scholarship Consideration
- Currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student at William & Mary
- Student must be in good standing
- GPA at least 3.0.
- 500-word essay on the topic: "What do you hope to get out of participating in your chosen program, and how will it help you in your future endeavors?"
- Students must submit proof of application or acceptance into chosen program and projected expenses for registration and travel. Registration and program fees will be paid directly to the program; travel and housing fees will be reimbursed.
Students applying to use funds as a travel grant to conduct research at another library or archive must submit a research plan. The research plan should include the name of the library or archive to be visited; topic of research; list of archival collections or rare books to be consulted and their importance in the student's research.
- Presentation to library leadership board or library staff about experience upon completion of program.
- Recipient must also write a blog post about his/her experience for the libraries’ blog.
- Program must be completed before graduation.
How to Apply
Please apply online where you can upload PDF files of your essay, transcript, proof of application/acceptance or research plan, and projected expenses.
- Friday, March 11, 2022: Application deadline
- Monday, March 21, 2022: Scholarship winners notified by email
Other Funding Opportunities at William & Mary
Undergraduate and Graduate Students
Arts & Sciences Graduate Students