Faculty and staff can place delivery requests for books and DVDs available in the library catalog from all William & Mary libraries, Swem's offsite storage facility, and the John D. Rockefeller Library in Colonial Williamsburg. This service is fast, convenient, and easy to use. Materials will be checked out on your library account and delivered to your department mailbox within two business days. Books requested through InterLibrary Loan (ILL) can also be delivered to your mailbox. Materials requested by VIMS users may take an extra one to two business days for delivery to Hargis Library.
In order to participate in this service, you will need to have an individual department mailbox in a secure area accessible by the delivery service team Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm. Deliveries are normally made twice a day. Exceptions to the delivery schedule would be due to semester and holiday breaks or inclement weather.
How to request books and DVDs for delivery:
- Find the items you need in the library catalog
- In the search results, click on a title to view available options
- If you are not already logged in, click on the link for "Sign in" under "Find & Request". Select William & Mary to sign in with your W&M credentials
- Click on the "Request" link
- For "Pickup Location," choose "Work Address" for the item to be delivered to your department mailbox. (To pick up at the Circulation Desk in Swem, select Swem Library instead).
- Click on the "Send Request" button
You will receive an email once the item is processed and ready for delivery or pick-up.
Article or book chapter requests will be scanned and delivered electronically.
If you have additional questions about the Library Express Delivery Service, please contact us by email at email@example.com. You may also call the Circulation Desk at (757) 221-3072.