Who are we?
W&M Libraries Student Ambassadors (LA) is an official W&M student organization that provides a student perspective to library administration and helps promote library services, resources and events.
We welcome all students from all majors and class years! If you love our campus libraries and want to see them get better every year, join our group. This is a great way to share your ideas, suggestions and concerns with those in the library who make change happen!
Our executive committee for 2020-2022:
- President: Linna Cui '24
- Vice President: Reese Obrien '24
- Secretary: Liz Hagen '24
What do we do?
We meet monthly to discuss and plan special events and library-related projects. We invite guest speakers from the library to our meetings to discuss library initiatives and share updates on projects.
Spring 2022 meeting schedule:
- Monday, Feb. 7; 5-6 p.m.
- Monday, March 7; 5-6 p.m.
- Monday, April 4; 5-6 p.m.
- End of year celebration: Thursday, May 5, 5-6 p.m.
Past projects include:
- Created book exchange in Read & Relax
- Produced promotional videos about the libraries
- Volunteered at library events (Homecoming, book talks, open houses, etc)
- Provided user feedback for library website
- Signage project to improve wayfinding
How to join?
Sign up online or just come to one of our monthly meetings!