Delivery Services Student Assistants are responsible for the safe, efficient, and timely delivery of library materials to faculty/staff mailboxes, other W&M Libraries and Colonial Williamsburg's John D. Rockefeller Library. Hiring for summer and continuing into fall semester.
Shifts: shifts vary but will be between Mondays-Fridays, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Driving library van and low speed electric vehicle once campus van-training is completed; if already van-trained further training is not required
- Retrieving, processing and delivering materials
- Lifting and moving bags/containers of books
- Shelving, sorting and shifting
- Strong customer service skills
- Self-starter and positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and show initiative
- Basic computer skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow procedures
- Ability to lift 20 pounds, push a cart full of books, reach and stoop to shelve materials, and climb step stools to reach top shelves