Assists Digital Services staff in the digitization of library scholarly, archival, and special collections materials for inclusion in the libraries online repositories, exhibits, and support patron requests. W&M Libraries is committed to building a culturally diverse cohort and strongly encourages applications from underrepresented candidates.
This job requires constant operation of a computer and scanning equipment, the ability to move inside the department as well as position self to retrieve and shelve materials under 10 pounds.
- Create digital scans of library materials (including, but not limited to, manuscripts, maps, diaries, photographs, artifacts and rare books).
- Use scanners, camera equipment, and software to create digital image files (TIFF, JPEG, PDF), using set parameters for archival quality imaging.
- Compiling information into spreadsheets.
- May have some additional job duties related to individual project.
- Availability Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team.
- Proficient with Adobe software (especially Photoshop and Bridge) and Microsoft Office preferred.
- Experience with PC and/or Mac OS preferred.
- Ability to follow set procedures and workflow for individual projects.
- Ability to create work within provided specifications.