New Accessions, 11/1/2010-11/5/2010
Posted on November 9, 2010
Here are the new collections accessioned by the Special Collections Research Center from 11/1/2010/11/5/2010:
- Holmes Family Photograph Album (Mss. Acc. 2010.635): Photograph album, circa 1920s, of the Rufae Holmes and Samuel B. Holmes of Richmond, Virginia. Includes photographs of family members, schools, students, and a road trip taken on the Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.
- Franklin Family Papers (Mss. Acc. 2010.647): Letters and photographs, 1907-1922, of Franklin family of Walla Walla, Washington. Includes letters from Donald Franklin, some of which come from France during World War I, and William Franklin. Letters usually discuss family life and issues.
- An addition to the Nellie M. Hill Papers (Mss. Acc. 2010.496): Contains diaries written by Nellie M. Hill of Fitchburg and Groton, MA. Entries include information about the weather, visitors, and her daily activities. Also included are cash account ledgers at the end of each diary.
- Coral Patridge Papers (Mss. Acc. 2010.672): Papers, 1920s-1941, of Coral Patridge of New York, New York. Includes a travel diary of a trip she took by train from New York to New Mexico in the 1920s. Also includes 29 photographic prints, 9 of which feature New York City; some of the photographs also have descriptive information on the back. There is also an address book, a postcard sent from Germany, and a card with the history of the name "Patridge."
- John Cleveland Sloan Baby Diaries (Mss. Acc. 2010.673): Four diaries, 1893-1894, describing the first 18 months of the life of John Cleveland Sloan. Sloan was born on 9 January 1893.
- Ball Family Papers (Mss. Acc. 2010.674): Papers, 1915-1950, of the Ball family of Vergennes, Vermont. Materials are primarily by Hugh Ball and Mary Pierce Ball. Contains diaries, correspondence, accounts, photographs, artwork, and other related materials.
- Diary (Colfax, Wash.) (Mss. Acc. 2010.675): Diary, circa 1930s, of a teenager named Darlene from Colfax, Washington. She discusses such topics as relationships, friends, movies she watches, and events which she attends, among other items. She also describes her activity as a baton twirler.
- 1995 Homecoming Plastic Cup, 1996 Homecoming Plastic Cup, William and Mary Messenger Bag, William and Mary Trash Can, Theta Delta Chi Baseball Hat, Theta Delta Chi Coat of Arms Decal, Theta Delta Chi Black and Gold Decals, Theta Delta Chi Cream, Black, and Gold Decals, Take Pride in the Tribe Bumper Sticker, Go William and Mary Bumper Sticker: All parts of the University Archives Artifact Collection, UA 13.
- Charles L. Kendrick Papers (UA 5.125): This collection contains class notes, syllabi, exams, and other material pertaining to Charles L. Kendrick while attending the College of William and Mary for his undergraduate and graduate degrees. Most of the material is from Kendrick's undergraduate courses, but there is also material related to his graduate work in the School of Education. The collection also includes a packet containing information about water safety and lifeguard training, the history of the Theta Delta Chi fraternity, and other material.
- Artistic map of Campus (Acc. 2010.677): Part of the University Archives Posters Collection, UA 12.
- Student Hip Hop Organization Flier (Acc. 2010.678): Part of the Student Organizations Collection, UA 7.047.
- Men's and Women's Track and Cross Country Photographs (Acc. 2010.679): Part of the University Archive Photograph Collection, UA 8.
- Randall S. Hawthorne Collection of Athletics Programs (UA 5.144): Contains athletic programs, brochures, and tickets collected by Randall S. Hawthorne, class of 1967, documenting track, cross country, and football at the College of William and Mary as well as at other venues. The bulk of the collection consists of track and field programs from various meets including the Penn Relays, Colonial Relays, and the Colonial Athletic Association Championships. Also included in the collection are annual brochures for the track and field and cross country teams at the College, contaiing information about the team's schedule, roster, and facts about William and Mary athletics. William and Mary football programs from the 1950s and 1960s are also represented in the collection.