- Accessibility Services
- Access to Swem
- Our front entrance, about 1/3 mile from the closest parking spaces, has two ADA-compliant ramps. See details about accessibility parking.
- For persons with accessibility needs, we offer access through two loading dock entrances at the back of the library on Landrum Drive. There are adjacent parking spaces. Loading dock 2 has an ADA-compliant ramp. Loading dock 1's ramp is not currently ADA-compliant, but that entrance also has an intercom to contact our Circulation Desk. So that we can schedule staff to meet you at a loading dock entrance, please contact our circulation desk.
- Elevators are available to all four floors.
Wheelchairs and Other Mobility Equipment
- Push wheelchairs are available. Staff members are available for pushing for a limited amount of time. Please call in advance to arrange.
- All public service areas are wheelchair-accessible.
- Several public computer workstations for visitors on the library's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors are wheelchair-accessible.
- All student-staff-faculty computer workstations are wheelchair-accessible.
- Carts are available from the circulation desk if you need help moving a large number of items.
- If you bring your own wheelchair but wish to park it in the library while you walk around, that's fine. Please ask at the circulation desk for suggested locations where your chair will be secure.
- Most of our collections, including the general collection, reference, and government documents, are housed in open shelves, including portions in compact shelving. We will help you find and carry materials.
- We have public telephones on all four floors with telephone numbers posted for each of our service desks.