William & Mary faculty, staff, students, and the general community can request library materials like books and DVDs to be picked up at one of our libraries.
Who can use this service?
- Current W&M students, faculty and staff - continue reading this page for more information
- Community members - Click & Collect is slightly different for our community patrons. Please visit our Click & Collect for community members page for complete information
What can I request for pick up?
W&M students, faculty, and staff may request materials held at all W&M libraries, the Swem offsite storage facility, and the John D. Rockefeller Library in Colonial Williamsburg for pick up. These include books, DVDs, and scanned articles or book chapters.
Where do I pick up my materials?
When requesting materials, you can choose to pick them up at one of the following libraries:
- Swem Library
- Music Library
- William J. Hargis Library at VIMS
- Learning Resource Center at the School of Education
- Wolf Law Library
You can pick up your materials at the main desk of the library you selected. Items at Swem Library are available on the self-service hold shelf near the Circulation desk/DVD section. Equipment may be picked up at the Media Center.
You may also send someone else to pick up your items. Simply email email@example.com authorizing the person to pick up, and we will add a note to your materials.
Delivery for faculty and staff
W&M faculty and staff have the option when they make a request to have the materials delivered to their department mailbox. We'll email you once the item is processed and ready for delivery.
How do I request library materials for pick up?
For books and DVDs, use the library catalog to search for materials to request:
- Find the items you need by searching in the library catalog
- In the search results, click on a title to view available options
- If you are not already logged in, click on the link for "Sign in" under "Find & Request". Select William & Mary to sign in with your W&M credentials
- Under “Find & Request,” click the link for “Request”
- Select the library to pick up from, and click the "Send Request" button
Library staff will notify you via email when your materials are ready for pick up. We will hold your items for 7 days after notification.
Requesting media equipment
For media equipment, visit libcal.swem.wm.edu and request an item(s):
- Click on "Reeder Media Center" in the "Equipment Booking" box.
- Select equipment by clicking on the item's image.
- Select the available time that you would like to pick up the item in the booking calendar. Available time slots are green in color.
- Click "Add to Cart" to continue browsing equipment or "Add to Cart and Check-out" if you are ready to complete your booking.
- LibCal will ask you to log-in to your account using your W&M credentials.
- Click on the blue "Continue" button after reading the loan agreement.
- Fill in the booking form.
- Click "Submit" and you will receive a confirmation email message with the details of your booking, as well as a link to cancel your booking if you change your mind.
If you have a need for equipment not listed in the catalog, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users can pick up media equipment in the Reeder Media Center.