Click & Collect: Contact-free Pick Up
Community members with a W&M Libraries account can now request items online for pick up. If you don't have an account, find out if you're eligible and apply online.
Learn more about how to request and pick up materials.
Checking out materials
As part of a partnership between William & Mary Libraries and Williamsburg Regional Library (WRL), individuals who live in Williamsburg, James City County or York County can receive borrowing privileges at W&M Libraries at no cost. Likewise, W&M students, faculty and staff can receive library privileges at WRL with their W&M ID, including those who do not live in Williamsburg, James City County or York County.
Members of certain organizations receive visitor borrowing privileges as well, including W&M alumni and university volunteers. To find out if you are eligible, see our Eligibility Policy.
Visitor Borrowing Privileges:
A W&M Libraries account lets you:
- Borrow books, dvds and government documents
- Check out up to 20 items for 30 days at a time, with one renewal available per item
- Borrow materials from Swem Library, Offsite Storage, Music Library, Chemistry Library and Physics Library
Unfortunately, we cannot check out the following materials to visitors:
- Media equipment (iPads, laptops, recording equipment, etc.)
- Materials from the W&M Wolf Law Library, Hargis Library at VIMS, Education Library, McLeod Business Library, or Colonial Williamsburg's Rockefeller Library.
- Materials from our Interlibrary Loan Department. Your public library is where you would place these requests.
- Off-site access to library databases
Visitor borrowing privileges are issued for one year. However, privileges can be renewed.
Visitors are responsible for:
- returning all materials by the due date
- reading and responding to all library notices
- notifying us if materials are lost or stolen
- paying all fines and fees for overdue or unreturned items
- notifying us of any changes in your contact information