William & Mary faculty, staff, and students located anywhere may request articles and book chapters which will be delivered digitally within a few days.
Not all titles are available as ebooks, but we are always willing to consider purchasing ebooks to fill your virtual needs.
These are alternatives for obtaining print books if you are not in Williamsburg:
- VIVA's Cooperative Borrowing Program
- Many of Virginia's academic libraries will let you check out books directly from them since W&M is a participating institution.
- Your local public library - most have an ILL service available.
- FACULTY ONLY: There is an OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Card available from our office that allows you to use academic collections all over the country - view current list of members (PDF)
- Only current W&M patrons in the Washington, D.C. program can have printed materials delivered to them; others may only request copies of articles or book chapters.
- Use the Notes field on the ILLiad request form to indicate your program.