Did you know William & Mary Libraries provides UNLIMITED ACCESS to the New York Times, Washington Post, and Wall Street Journal Websites to current students, faculty, and staff? Once you set up your account, you can then go directly to the newspapers' sites to read their articles. You will never hit a paywall on these sites again! (And if you do, contact us so we can fix it.)
In addition to these subscriptions, we also provide access to a variety of other popular databases and websites.
How to create your accounts:
New York Times
- Go to accessnyt.com to sign up for your free account
- Enter William & Mary under "Find School"
- If you are on campus, select the first link. If you are off campus, select the "Go" button.
- You can now login directly to nytimes.com
- Use the Libraries' link to sign in at theatlantic.com/group-login/
- On the sign-in screen, enter "William and Mary" to access our institutional subscription
Wall Street Journal
- Use the Libraries' database link to go to the Wall Street Journal (WSJ)
- You may be prompted to login with your W&M credentials
- Follow the on-screen directions to customize your account
- Use the Libraries' database link for the Washington Post to create your account
- Enter your W&M email address when prompted
- Check if your account is verified:
- On the Washington Post home page, select your name in the upper right corner
- Select Account Settings
- If you don't see a green check mark for "verified" next to your email, click "unverified" to receive a verification email.
- Select the My subscriptions tab
- Click Activate free digital access
- You can now login directly to washingtonpost.com