Need to archive your data for findability or as part of a federal grant? The W&M Libraries Institutional Repository, ScholarWorks, is a great place to store your data. To do so, follow these submission guidelines:
- Contact the Data & Instruction Librarian or for VIMS researchers, the Hargis Library, to discuss your research data needs and the procedures for file transfer.
- Complete the Dataset Information Form (pdf), including all information available/applicable.
- Please see the Form Example for assistance with completing the form.
- Submit the Dataset Information Form and your data files to the Data & Instruction Librarian or Hargis Librarian as instructed.
- After your submission is processed, you will receive a confirmation email with a URL for a digital object identifier, or DOI. The DOI is the permalink to your dataset. Once you receive this email, update any online references and citations to the dataset with the assigned DOI. Use the DOI for all future references to the dataset.