All William & Mary recognized student clubs and organizations are welcome to table outside of Swem. Student groups as well as W&M faculty and staff can also reserve the Swem Patio for events.
- All events, meeting, and tabling must be held during library hours
- Student groups are not allowed to host events during the reading or examination periods
- Solicitation, sale of goods, and fundraising activities are prohibited
- Groups will be responsible for the condition of the space during the time assigned, including set up and clean up
- Patio furniture may not be moved or removed
- For patio events, there are "Reserved for Event" signs available at the Circulation desk. Signs must be returned at the end of the activity
- During tabling events, the front entrance cannot be blocked, and tables cannot be set up in the covered portico due to fire safety regulations
- Tables and chairs are not available through Swem but can be obtained by contacting the William & Mary Scheduling Office
How to reserve
You can reserve a time for tabling or for an event on the Swem Patio by using our online room reservation system:
Please contact the W&M Libraries External Relations office at email@example.com.